Carruba is the trading name of Carruba International FZE, a company incorporated in Creative City – Media free Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The company’s license number is 13378/2018 and its registered address is Fujairah – Creative Tower, PO Box 4422 Fujairah.
Although Carruba also operates through other companies in other territories, the United Arab Emirates is our country of domicile and the governing law is the local law.
Carruba also operates parts of its business through:
Appit Incorporated, a company incorporated under the RKK ICC Business Companies Regulations of Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The company’s registered number is 20171731 and its registered address is Office 611, The Fairmont Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Carruba Technologies (SMC-Private) Limited, a company incorporated with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan. The company’s corporate universal identification number is 0120930 and its registered address is Office 1, First Floor, Ramzan Arcade, Main Peshawar Road, Ramazan Arcade, Peshawar Road, Rawal Town, Punjab 76000.
As appropriate Carruba means Carruba International FZE, Appit Incorporated or Carruba Technologies (SMC-Private) Limited.
Users of the Carruba app grant their consent for the processing of personal data during the installation of the Carruba app on their smartphone.
The user’s personal data is collected and processed by Carruba. Carruba only collects and processes the personal data submitted by the users in the course of installation and use of the Carruba app. A user’s disclosure of geographical location data is a precondition for using the Carruba app.
- What type of personal data do we collect and process
- Name, telephone number, e-mail address, feedback ratings and payment information of the app user.
- Geographical location of the user, the time of provision of service and the destination.
- Identification data of the device on which the Carruba app has been installed.
- Cookies of the carruba.com website save the website user’s telephone number and geographic location data.
- The purpose of collecting and the period of processing of personal data
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of matching a user with a transport service provider for the purposes of transportation.
- We forward the data on geographic location and telephone number of the user to the transportation service provider to enable them to be able to decide whether the user is located nearby.
- We may use the personal data to resolve transportation service provider service quality issues.
- We use contact details to notify you of updates to the Carruba
- We collect data of the routes taken by the Carruba app users to analyze the geographic coverage in order to make recommendations to the transportation providers.
- The personal data collected via the Carruba app will not be used for identification of persons or their locations, nor for the purpose of behavioural marketing.
- We will hold and process your personal data only for the period your account is activated.
- The method of collecting personal data
- We collect data on the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of Carruba app users during the process of the installation.
- We only collect data on the geographic location if the Carruba app has been activated.
- The collection of geographic location data stops after the Carruba app is closed in the user’s device.
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
- The personal data of users is only disclosed to those transportation service providers who have activated the Carruba app; in such case, they will see the name, telephone number and geographic location of the user.
- After providing the service, the name of the user will remain visible to the driver for 24 hours. This is necessary for transportation service providers to resolve any issues associated with service provision, e.g., to contact the customer if something was left behind in the vehicle.
- The feedback on the quality of the service is anonymous and transportation service providers do not receive information on the names and telephone numbers of the users who provided feedback.
- Security and deletion of data
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the Carruba service is transferred to and stored in the data centres located, as appropriate, the United States of America, Amsterdam and Singapore. Only authorized employees of Carruba and local service providers have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the Carruba app (including disputes with transportation service providers).
- If you would like to delete the personal data collected by us, you can do so by submitting a written request to our customer support via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving the request, we will delete the account and any personal data associated with the account as soon as there are no outstanding payments. After deletion of personal data, the data will be anonymized and used for analytics only.
- Please note that the de-installation of the Carruba app in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data. If you want to delete your personal data collected by Carruba, please send a written request by email as indicated above. You should also bear in mind that the request to delete personal data is possible only if we delete your account. As a result of that you will not be able to use Carruba services under your existing account.
- If you suspect that we (or any other Carruba entity processing your personal data) carry out data processing in contradiction with your personal rights or contrary to the law, in particular if the personal data is inaccurate, you may:
- Ask us (and / or any other Carruba entity processing your personal data) for an explanation.
- Require us (and / or any other Carruba entity processing your personal data) to remedy the position (in particular by blocking, correcting or supplementing of personal data).
- Appeal directly to the respective data protection authority having the jurisdiction over your personal data.
- Direct marketing
- We only use your e-mail address and phone number for sharing our product related marketing messages if you have given a respective consent on the carruba.com website or in the Carruba app. If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the ‘unsubscribe from direct marketing messages’ link in the header of our e-mail or profile section of the Carruba app.
- Personal data of transportation service providers
- We only collect and process personal data of transportation service providers to the extent necessary for verifying the transportation service providers qualifications for pursuing this professional activity and safeguarding the contractual relations associated with the Carruba app service. The personal data of transportation service providers may be shared with law enforcement agencies, public authorities and other organisations if legally required to do so or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
7.1.1 Comply with a legal obligation, process or request.
7.1.2 Enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof.
7.1.3 Detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues.
7.1.4 Protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- Carruba will also disclose your information to third parties:
7.2.1 In the event we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
7.2.2 If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
- Using the Caruba app with dispatch feature, a service operator can see the geographic location of a driver, information on dispatches and the times of using the service. If a transportation service provider would like for his or her geographic location not to be visible to the dispatch operator, he or she can disable the app by tapping the ‘quit’ button.
- Credit card and debit card details
- Carruba will not store, sell, share, rent or lease credit card or debit card details to any third party.
- Carruba will not pass any debit card or credit card details to third parties.
- Carruba takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, carruba.com cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
- Carruba is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- Changes to this policy and terms and conditions
9.1 From time to time it may be necessary for Carruba to change or update this policy and the Carruba terms and conditions in order to meet the requirements and standards of third parties or to comply with changes to law. Therefore, users are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about any such changes. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted, unless stated otherwise.